The MAT Rebate Program
The Medication Administration Training (MAT) Rebate program is designed to help child care providers pay for the cost of taking an Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) approved MAT training program. Child care providers may receive a rebate of up to $100 for MAT classroom training, or up to $70 for the MAT Independent Study course. A rebate of up to $70 is also available for the Online Renewal with Skills Competency. Child care providers may receive a rebate once every 33 months.
To receive a MAT Rebate, applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Applicants must be currently employed at a NYS OCFS or NYC DOHMH registered or licensed childcare program, a Legally Exempt child care program, or have submitted an application to NYS OCFS or NYC DOHMH to open a child care program.
- Applicants must have successfully completed MAT training with an approved MAT trainer, and be able to provide proof the training was paid for in full. A listing of MAT trainers is available on this website.
- Applicants must submit the required application, payment receipt and W-9 form within 60 days of completing MAT training. For new child care programs, the application must be submitted within 60 days of licensing start date. Applications received after 60 days will not be accepted.
- Applicants must not have received a MAT rebate within the past 33 months.
The next steps
- Complete the MAT Rebate application. Please read the directions carefully. If your application is incomplete or not filled out correctly, it will be sent back to you.
- Complete the IRS Form W-9
- Mail the completed application and W-9 form to:
Professional Development Program
4 Tower Place
Albany, NY 12203
Still have questions?
Contact the MAT Rebate Program
or by email: email@example.com
The Medication Administration Training Rebate Program is sponsored by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, with funds provided by the Child Care Development Fund.