About ECETP e-Learning
Welcome to the online Child Care Resource Center. Funding for this site is sponsored by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, funded by the federal Child Care and Development Fund and administered by the Professional Development Program, Rockefeller College, University at Albany. These trainings are available for all child care providers in New York State at no cost to participants. This site is designed to be a resource for information about child care in New York State.
The objective of these trainings is to provide every New York State child care provider with a place to meet their required training hours. Each child care provider must complete at least 15 hours of training during the first six months of registration and at least 30 hours of training every 2 years. This training must include each of the following topics:
- Principles of Childhood Development, focusing on the developmental stages of the age groups for which the program provides care
- Safety and Security Procedures
- Child Abuse and Maltreatment Identification and Prevention
- Statutes and Regulations Pertaining to Child Day Care
- Nutrition and Health Needs of Infants and Children
- Business Record Maintenance and Management
- Child Day Care Program Development
- Statutes and Regulations Pertaining to Child Abuse and Maltreatment
- Education and Information on the Identification, Diagnosis and Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome
OCFS offers online training using several unique and innovative delivery methods to meet the needs of child care providers throughout New York State.
OCFS will not approve credit toward required training hours for completing the same online training more than once within a two year period. The website will still allow users to log in and review trainings already completed, allowing trainees to refresh their recollection of previously learned material. Training credit, however, will only be awarded the first time that a specific online course is completed within any two year training period.